Zack's Beer and Cheese Dip
I dip everything. Always. Everytime. You can ask anyone that has ever eaten a meal with me. So, naturally, I make dips all the time and bring them to parties. This is my most requested dip.
- 12 oz dark beer1
- 1 stick butter
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 Kielbasa, or other smoked sausage
- Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 or 2 Jalepeno (or habenaro) - optional2
- 4 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Some bread or something for dipping3
- Preheat oven to 350 degress
- Slice and dice kielbasa and hot peppers, pan fry.
- Drain the fat from the kielbasa, turn heat down to simmer/low.
- Mix beer, butter and cream cheese in a large pot over medium heat until smooth. Stiring constantly
- Mix in mustard and hot sauce to taste 4
- Slowly mix in the sharp cheddar cheese, continue stiring, again, untill smooth. 5
- Mix in kielbasa and peppers
- Pour entire mixture into a large pyrex baking dish, and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes
1 - If you're in or around the Chicago area, I highly recommend Bergoff Dark
2 - Be careful. Habenaros are a lot hotter than jalapenos. h/t Nicholas Ruunu
3 - Black Pepper Parmesan from Mary's Market is prefered. If you don't live in Rockford, find something else.
4 - Frank's or Texas Pete works well here. Enough heat to know there's hot sauce, but not too much flavor to over power the smokieness from the kielbasa.
5 - I recommend about 1/2 cup at a time.